2017 Academy Reunion Dates
Make plans now to join your Academy friends at the academy reunion taking place Friday, July 28 - Sunday, July 30. Classes ending in 2 and 7 will celebrate reunions. Look for registration materials in the mail in June.
Augustana Academy Days Reunions
In 2015, the Academy Alumni and Friends Council announced a five year plan to continue celebrating Academy Day reunions through the year 2019. At the final Academy Days reunion, the classes that end in years 4 and 9 will be recognized, but ALL Academy classes will be encouraged to host a reunion. If you have any ideas on how to make the final Academy Day reunion a truly memorable event, please bring them forward to Council President Lyle Eidsness.
- 2017: July 28 - July 30, 2017; Classes ending in 2 and 7 will celebrate reunion years.
- 2018: July 27 - July 29, 2018; Classes ending in 3 and 8 will celebrate reunion years.
- 2019: July 26 - July 30, 2019; Classes ending in 4 and 9 will celebrate reunion years.
Augustana Academy Commemorative Endowed Scholarship
Each year at the Reunion worship service, the offering supports the Augustana Academy Commemorative Endowed Scholarship.
This fund allows Augustana University to award several scholarships
each year to descendants of Academy alumni. Make your gift in memory or
honor of a faculty member or classmate to express your gratitude for
your Academy experience.
Make a gift in support of this scholarship.
Alumni and Friends Council
Several members of the Augustana Academy family serve on the Council. These individuals are instrumental in choosing award winners, helping plan the reunion weekend, fundraising efforts and many other tasks.
- Lyle Eidsness '59, President
- Richard Akland '66
- Alan Berdahl ’67
- Jean Sorteberg Eidsness ’59
- Phyllis Bolstad Hanson '52
- Rev. David Johnson ’52
- Karen Kvistero Moe ’67
- Alice Hofstad Loddigs ’69
- Obed Nelson ’60
- John Paulson '68
We are always seeking new members to the Council. Meetings occur several times during the year on the Augustana Campus. Contact us if you are interested in serving on the Council or want more information.
The Augustana Album Continues the Academy Legacy
Digital versions of the Academy's student newspaper, yearbook and alumni publications are now available through the Augustana website. This digital archive, known as the Augustana Album, allows all Academy alumni easy access to the history of the Academy, previously only available by physically visiting the archives of the Center for Western Studies.
Click here to view the Augustana Album.
Academy Alumni—Update your Information
To ensure that you receive information about the reunion in a timely manner, please continue to update us with your information by contacting the Alumni Office.
Alumni and Friends Awards
During each reunion at the Alumni and Friends Banquet, awards are given to recognize alumni and friends of the Academy.
- The Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award is given to an Academy graduate who has excelled in his/her field and who has been involved in his/her church and community.
- The Friend of Augustana Academy Award is given to a former member of the faculty or staff, friend, or someone with a close connection to the Academy.
If you would like to nominate someone for either of these awards, please send a letter to the Alumni Office by Feb. 1 of each year.