04.11.14 — Nine Augustana alumni are among the 50 women leaders who will
be recognized Thursday, April 24, at EmBe's Tribute to Women awards. Originally
established in 1974 as the Leader Luncheon, the annual tribute has become
Sioux Falls' top celebration of local leadership.
This year's nominees and their employers include:
- Kristin Aeilts '05, RN, Avera McKennan Hospital and University Center
- Amy Arndt '93, Lindquist and Vennum, LLP
- Dr. Lisa Grevlos '87, Augustana College
- Arlene Horner '76, Sanford Health
- Leah Simmons '05, Johnstone Supply
- Georgia Stern '00, Sanford Health
- Kathy Thorson '84, MetaBank
- Leah Van Dam '03, CPA, McGladrey LLP
- Brianna Venekamp '00, Whittier Middle School
The event will begin at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 24, at the Washington Pavilion. All members of the community are invited to attend.
Proceeds from this event will help EmBe to continue to empower women who choose to work outside the home by providing them safe, affordable child care; and empower young girls to believe they can set goals and achieve things they are not sure they can, through the Girls on the Run program and other youth recreation activities.